Friends of the School
Friends of the School meet once a term to plan a fundraising or community event in conjunction with the school. We welcome your support no matter how big or small!
What is Friends of the School?
Our main goal is to fundraise.In the last few years we have donated:
- Shade sails for the Rock Area outside the Library
- New Blinds for the school hall
- Money towards library books.
- Whiteware, including fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher for the new admin block.
- Scooters for lunch time.
- A basketball hoop in the quad.
- Money towards replacement chairs for the teachers.
At the moment we are fundraising for:
- ???? (to be decided at first meeting, Monday 4 March at 3.15)
How can you help?
- Come to our meetings or give your name to Ms Fidow to help out on a voluntary basis as needed.
- Keep a look out for school notices and check this space out regularly to see what we are doing and how you can help.
Who do I contact?
Feel free to talk to your classroom teacher or Lilian at the office and they will put you in touch with someone who can help. Or you can chat with one of the following people.
|Lead Person||Kellie Sim (Room 3 and 11 parent)|
|Staff Representative||Lynley Thompson (Room 6 teacher)|
|Friends||Lynn Barrington (Room 7 parent), Gretchen Boyd (Room 9 parent), Bec Roper-Gee (Room 4 parent), Margaret Scott (Room 6 and 12 parent)|
Your support and ideas are always welcome - we look forward to continuing to support our children at Shirley Primary School.